Hop Counts and SPAM Filters ...

1998-04-07 11:00:14
Hi,

        Well, after being off the list for a while, I am back.  There are
two things I'd like to know how to do, but I'm not a procmail genious yet.
:(  Maybe someone can help me out.
        First off, is it possible to put a Hop-Count header at the top of
the mail without consuming gobs of resources and such?  I used to see
mailing lists do it all the time, but I'd like to put it on all the mail I
get..  I am not sure if this is possible without hogging all sorts of
resources, so I thought I'd ask.
        Second, I need a good spam filter.  I think most of you have one,
since I saw some SPAM to the list and no one said anything about it. :)
If anyone has a good one, please let me know and send it to me. :)  One
thing, is there a way to trash messages that only have numbers in the
username?  A lot of SPAM is that way I've noticed..
        Well, any help would be appreciated. :)  Thanks in advance.

                        Jeremy