Re: Mail from non-subscribers to list

1998-04-17 08:21:01
On Fri, 17 Apr 1998 09:50:15 -0400, lyle(_at_)infi(_dot_)net (Lyle D. Sanders)
wrote:
There needs to be someone responsible for the list.  If no one at
informatik.rwth-aachen.de will be responsible, perhaps there should
be a new list somewhere else.
Any volunteers?

There's already an alternative list which is operated by Rhett Jones.
I haven't checked it out so I can't comment on it, but perhaps
somebody else in here is on both lists?

The fundamental problem of course is that all the Procmail
documentation refers people to this list. Having an "official" list
with +only+ newbie questions and no answers to them sounds like a
losing proposition in the longer run.

Stephen was ready to sign over the list to a group of volunteers which
was formed for this purpose last summer, but then he disappeared
before the transfer was ever made. I've been thinking maybe we should
get in touch with postmaster(_at_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de and try
to get
things under control again via their cooperation, if possible.

/* era */

--
 Paparazzi of the Net: No matter what you do to protect your privacy,
  they'll hunt you down and spam you. <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam/>