Re: Mail from non-subscribers to list

1998-04-21 11:56:05
On Fri, Apr 17, 1998 at 11:42:10AM +0200, wr(_at_)tribe(_dot_)ping(_dot_)de
wrote:
Unfortunately Stephen R. van den Berg isn't reading this list anymore. No
one is responsible for it. I know for sure that Stephen is reading messages
to his adress srb(_at_)cuci(_dot_)nl but it seems he has implemented a smart
recipe
forwarding all messages about the procmail and smartlist lists to
/dev/null.

Why should this be so? Isn't SRB anymore interested in his software? Perhaps
he was busy in the last year, but hopes to catch on with his time to get his
hands on procmail/SmartList again. Otherwise he should give development of
procmail and SmartList away. Especially SmartList could use some extending
(see A. Stebbens patches).

It is strange anyway how these projects remained more or less a one man's
effort, while other like Majordomo involve a whole team.

While I am at it: Since the 3.11pre7 versions seem to work for over a year
now, how about `releasing' 3.11? Many sites carry 3.10 [including mine :(],
because alpha/beta/prerelease software is not installed by policy.

Regards, Axel.
--
Axel Thimm   Axel(_dot_)Thimm(_at_)physik(_dot_)fu-berlin(_dot_)de
Axel(_dot_)Thimm(_at_)ifh(_dot_)de