Sendmail having trouble calling procmail

1998-04-22 10:09:07
Hi folks,

        Sometimes we have network problems such that the call of
procmail in my .forward file:

        "|/usr/local/bin/procmail -t -f -"

causes sendmail to abort with a mailer 1 error, because procmail was
inaccessible due to automount network problems.

Is there a safe way to just have the mail fallback to the main
mailbox?  What is that "|| exit 75" code that I see in some examples?

Thanks,

        --Ralph

Dr. Ralph P. Sobek                Disclaimer: The above ruminations are my own.
Ralph(_dot_)Sobek(_at_)irit(_dot_)fr                       Addresses are
ordered by importance.
sobek(_at_)irit(_dot_)fr                                        If all else
fails, try:
newsmaster(_at_)irit(_dot_)fr, postmaster(_at_)irit(_dot_)fr
sobek(_at_)diva(_dot_)eecs(_dot_)berkeley(_dot_)edu
Ph:(+33)[0]561558618 FAX:(+33)[0]561556258 http://www.irit.fr/SSI/~Ralph.Sobek/
The truth about the Past is really all we have to guide us in the Present
                                                    -- Mary Benson (1964)