Re: Sendmail having trouble calling procmail

1998-04-22 14:11:47
On Wed, Apr 22, 1998 at 06:53:15PM +0200, Ralph SOBEK wrote:

Is there a safe way to just have the mail fallback to the main
mailbox?  What is that "|| exit 75" code that I see in some examples?

And Brad offered:

    The "|| exit 75" returns a temporary (instead of permanent)
error to sendmail, causing it to queue the message and attempt
to deliver it to your mailbox again at a later time.

Question: since I'm using procmail as a local mail delivery agent
(I hope that is the right terminology) in my sendmail.cf, do I
need to add special rules there as well? I had thought it happened
by default using this way, but now I'm not so sure
---
Bob Gahl KD6KMX Bicycle (Ryan Vanguard) Mobile  ||      @
      ARPA/INTERNET: bgahl(_at_)thesphere(_dot_)com        ||   !_ \
    WWW: http://www.thesphere.com/~bgahl/       ||   (*)-~--+--(*)
"If you're trying to be politically correct you're like a chameleon
 in front of a mirror. What can you say that won't be offensive to
 somebody?"                                        Robin Williams