2 questions

1998-05-02 16:22:51
I dont know if it is legit. to mail in questions but here is a try
and forgive if this is not the right way to do things:

I forward mail from any of a long list of senders by using a single
recipe and a long list of from senders, like this:

* ^From .*(name1|\
name2|\
name3\|
etc.

How long can my list of sender names be before exceeding some line
length limit built into the internal egrep used by procmail?

Second, my default shell is c-shell. Therefore should I not use C Chell
syntax in my .forward file to forward mail to procmail for processing?
Most sample .forward lines appear to use bourne shell syntax.