"No space left ..." error.

1998-05-04 14:02:49
I found the following in my logfile and am puzzled what might be the
cause. My account has about 7.5 Mb free, and subsequent mail for this
folder fell in just fine. This occured twice over the space of an hour,
while I was not logged in. My .procmailrc picked the correct folder, but
when write failed, it properly went to default. Since I know the file is
not over any size limit, and the mail that failed was well within size
limitations, what other conditions could cause this? Procmail version is
v3.10 1994/10/31, with Sendmail 8.9.0beta5. I use a single globallockfile,
$HOME/mail.lock.

David

logfile:
procmail: No space left to finish writing "/home1/users/d/dh/mail/procmail"
procmail: Truncated file to former size