Re: "No space left ..." error.

1998-05-05 11:26:17
David Hunt asked,

| I found the following in my logfile and am puzzled what might be the
| cause. My account has about 7.5 Mb free, and subsequent mail for this
| folder fell in just fine. This occured twice over the space of an hour,
| while I was not logged in.

| procmail: No space left to finish writing "/home1/users/d/dh/mail/procmail"
| procmail: Truncated file to former size

That sounds like a squeeze for space on the disk where your home directory
lives, not like a problem with your quota.  Your own usage may have been 7.5
Mb below your account quota, but someone else or something else was using up
the available blocks or inodes in the partition that includes your home tree.

If you're entitled to ten whatsits and you've had only two, but there are no
whatsits available for anybody, you can't get any of the other eight.

When the blocks used by those processes were freed, there was room for you to
receive more mail.

DWT