procmail, sending files with mime?

1998-05-06 18:58:13
I'm trying to hack together a quick autoresponder that will mail a file to
a user, based on the contents of the subject line.

Using the example in the man page, I'm off to a good start with:

  :0 fhw # reverse mailheader and extract name
  * ^Subject: get \/[^ ]*
  | formail -rA "X-Loop: getfile(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com"
  FILE="$MATCH" # the requested filename
  :0 ah
  | cat - ./$FILE 2>&1 | $SENDMAIL -oi -t

However, this doesn't send the file all that cleanly. We will be dealing
with .zip, .sit, .hqx, .exe and possibly some .gz files and I'd like to
send them as mime attachments so the user's mail program deals with them
properly.

Any pointers to where I can get this type of info, or if it's a simple
adjustment to the above.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Also, is there an archive of this list somewhere (sans spam) that we can
search?

- Paul

-------------------Kudosnet Communication Services--------------------
pevad(_at_)kudosnet(_dot_)com
www.kudosnet.com

For value added web hosting and internet commerce sites
http://kudosnet.com/services/

-------------879 View Rd. Qualicum Beach, Canada V9K 1N3--------------