Re: procmail, sending files with mime?

1998-05-07 16:51:15
well, after much mucking about.... I finally managed to get something to
work :-)

Here is the result: (watch for wrapping...)

:0
* ^Subject: get [0-9a-z]
* !^Subject:.*Re:
* !^FROM_DEAMON
* !^Subject: get .*[/.]\.
{
  MAILDIR=/home/www/filemakermagazine.com/www/downloads #chdir to download
directory
  DELIVERED=yes
  :0 fhw # reverse mailheader and extract name
  | (formail -rA \
  -I"X-Loop: getfile(_at_)filemakermagazine(_dot_)com"\
  -I"MIME-Version: 1.0"\
  -I"Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary=\"fls3jekls3=_sd3\"";\
  echo "--fls3jekls3=_sd3";\
  echo "Content-Type: APPLICATION/xx; name=\"$MATCH\"";\
  echo "Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64";\
  echo "";\
  /usr/bin/mimencode -b $MATCH;\
  echo "--fls3jekls3=_sd3--") | $SENDMAIL -oi -t
}

I guess the problem I was having was in starting the formail in one
'recipe' and trying to finish it in another. For some reason, it didn't
like assigning $MATCH to FILE either, and would constantly give me errors,
so I thought, why not just use $MATCH? it contains what I want anyway.

So, on to the next part of the job :-) validating the requestor's email
address with an mysql database.... this part should be a blast :-)

Thanks for your help.

= Paul

-------------------Kudosnet Communication Services--------------------
pevad(_at_)kudosnet(_dot_)com
www.kudosnet.com

For value added web hosting and internet commerce sites
http://kudosnet.com/services/

-------------879 View Rd. Qualicum Beach, Canada V9K 1N3--------------