Re: procmail, sending files with mime?

1998-05-07 02:08:05
|Wed 98-05-06 Paul Evad - Kudosnet Communications
<pevad(_at_)kudosnet(_dot_)com> list.procmail
| I'm trying to hack together a quick autoresponder that will mail a file to
| a user, based on the contents of the subject line.
| [code]
| However, this doesn't send the file all that cleanly. We will be dealing
| with .zip, .sit, .hqx, .exe and possibly some .gz files and I'd like to
| send them as mime attachments so the user's mail program deals with them
| properly.

I have written two Procmail file servers that solved my distribution
problems. Take a look at TPFS (tiny prcomail file server)
and successor MPFS (mime procmail file server). I no longer develop
TPFS, because the MPFS is more modulirized and much better maintainable.

A bit old moldule description that I've done can be found at:

    ftp://cs.uta.fi/pub/ssjaaa/pm-code.html

and the modules are included in kit:

    pm-code.shar        or pm-code.zip

See X-info above how to send request to file server.
jari