Re: Auto removal of older mail

1998-05-06 23:35:21
+----- On Wed, 06 May 1998 09:02:31 PDT, Talent-Management writes:
| Is it possible to have procmail automatically check a particular mail
| folder for mail that has been there for a long time (say, 1 week or 1
| month) and delete it?  Is a script available for a function like this?

I have never seen such a script but it shouldn't be too hard. On the
procmail man page there is a script that fetches and processes your
mail spool file (a very good script I might add). All that you need to
do is modify the script so that it:
1)      locks the folder so that procmail won't write into it
2)      moves the folder to a new name
3)      uses formail and procmail(?) to process the folder
4)      removes the old copy and unlocks the folder
Personally I use nmh and everything is so much simpler then but not
everyone likes mh's elegant simplicity ;^)

/Michael