Re: Sendmail->Proclist

1998-05-07 10:38:13
On Thu, May 07, 1998 at 12:59:10PM -0400, Vikas Agnihotri wrote:

I dont get it. /bin/mail is also used for outgoing mail, right? By drop-in
replacement I assume you mean, I can do a symlink /bin/mail ->
/usr/local/bin/procmail, and no one will be the wiser (with appropriate
sendmail.cf modifications, of course)

    Sorry, I should have been more explicit.  Procmail is a
drop-in replacement for /bin/mail *as a local delivery agent*.

    You still use /bin/mail, mailx, elm, pine, mutt, whatver to
actually compose mail and send it, but if the mail is going off
the system, then it will obviously get handed over to sendmail.

    Procmail does not replace /bin/mail as an MUA (in as much as
/bin/mail can be considered an MUA -- it sure doesn't do much),
just as an LDA.

--
Brad Knowles                           _                       _
brad(_at_)colltech(_dot_)com                     |_| C o l l e c t i v e |_|