Re: Sendmail, Procmail, and Majordomo

1998-05-11 10:40:28
I am pretty new to all this but I have a question.  I have a working
majordomo listserver and Procmail and I am trying to automatically Prepend
a string of text to the outgoing messages from the mailing list.  I have
figured out basically how to use proc mail from a user's account point of
view but how would I invoke it to process outgoing listserver mail?

Stick it in your alias file:

i.e.  instead of

   test: "|/usr/lib/mail/majordomo/wrapper resend -p bulk -M 10000 -l test -f
owner-test -h mallorn.com -s test-outgoing"

it would become

   test: "|/usr/bin/procmail -m /usr/lib/mail/majordomo/procmailrc.test"

Then /usr/lib/mail/majordomo/procmailrc.test would have your recipes to make
the changes:

   :0fhw
   * ^Subject: \/.*
   | formail -I "Subject: [TEST] $MATCH"

   :0
   | /usr/lib/mail/majordomo/wrapper resend -p bulk -M 10000 -l test -f
owner-test -h mallorn.com -s test-outgoing

or whatever.

Note:  This is untested, written as I eat an orange during lunch.  Hopefully
it'll
be enough to get you going.

Chris