Re: Question on Filtering

1998-05-11 12:49:24
On Mon, 11 May 1998, Christopher Lindsey wrote:

message or header, and have procmail drop the message into the bit

:0
* ybecker.net
/dev/null

You'll need to add the B flag if you want to check body and header:

:0 BH
* ybecker\.net
/dev/null

Also note the escaped '.'.

   Ok, will give that a try and see what happens. :-)

   (Went and tried that, and in the process realized my problem. The
string I wanted to match appears in the headers, but the test messaegs I
was throwing at it had the string in the body. Doh! Chalk that one up to
too much caffiene and not enough sleep. Adding the BH made it match on
the test messages just fine.).

   Also, I tried to compile the current version, but get the following

By current, you mean 3.11pre7?

   Yup, thats the one.

misc.c: In function `Terminate':
misc.c:273: `UDP_protocolno' undeclared (first use this function)
misc.c:273: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
misc.c:273: for each function it appears in.)
make[1]: *** [misc.o] Error 1

Did you make any changes to config.h or Makefile?  The auto-configuration
should create autoconf.h with a UDP_protocolno value (probably 17).
Are there any funky messages that come up when running make for the
first time?

   No, didnt make any changes. Just to be sure, I removed the entire tree,
and unpacked it all again, and ran make, didn't see anything that looked
unusual, till it got to misc.c, of course.

   Get the same thing using gcc. I'm using the compilers/libs that came
with Linux Slackware 3.3 Distribution, so I would think everything
be recent enough. :-)

Haven't used Slackware for about 4 years now, so I can't offer too much
advice about its configuration.  What Linux kernel version does it have,
and what gcc version are you using?

Doing 'uname -a' and 'gcc -v' will tell you this.

   Using kernel 2.0.30, gcc version 2.7.2.2.