Re: Problems with mailing lits

1998-05-13 19:34:26
On Tue, 12 May 1998, Christopher Lindsey wrote:

we are using procmail to deliver mail to POP3 boxes of our
customers. The ".procmailrc" looks like this:
* ^TOuser1
* !^FROM_DAEMON
! eye-ronic(_at_)abc(_dot_)net

The problem is, when user2 subscribes to a mailing list, there
is no "TO" line in the header and all mail from the list will
go to DEAFULT.

How can I match the "Received ...  for <user2(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)de>" line?

You don't.  Match on the envelope address instead of the To: header.
The variable LOGNAME should hold the name of the actual mailbox that
it's being delivered to.

i.e.

   :0
   * $ LOGNAME ?? user1
   * ! ^FROM_DAEMON
   ! eye-ronic(_at_)abc(_dot_)net

This will exclude many lists, since they do match the ^FROM_DAEMON.

--
George Orwell 1984.  Northwestern 0.
                -- Chicago Reader 10/15/82