Re: .rc question

1998-05-30 07:09:43
        Author:        "K. Duggan" <kduggan(_at_)h2o2(_dot_)com>

Ok, I am not on the list so please reply via direct mail. My
question is a fairly simple one, but one that I could not readily
find the answer to in the manpages and various web resources
(i.e. Era's site).

So you want the list's help but don't care to participate in the list?

My question is: why not FROM_MAILER? The reason I ask this is because the
procmailrc man page on line 111 (dated 10/31/1994) says MAILER for bounced
while other sources say to use DAEMON.

Upgrade your procmail and read the new 'man procmailrc' and you will see the
difference between FROM_DAEMON and FROM_MAILER.  I'm guessing you are using
procmail 3.10 or some other version before 3.11pre7 which is the current
(last?) version of procmail.  Using an old version will cause problems if you
expect to use recipes you will find on the 'net.

TjL