Re: :0c: doesn't work!

1998-06-03 02:49:39

Check the man page for procmailrc.

They say the 'c' flags does:

  This will make procmail generate  a  carbon  copy of the mail by
  delivering it to this recipe, yet continue processing the rcfile.

Add to that this line from procmailrc:

  If processing falls off the end of the rcfile, procmail
  will deliver the mail to $DEFAULT.

So, 'c' means after stuffing the message in guardian, it continues down
through your rc.  Presumbably it doesn't match any other rule, and is then
delivered to $DEFAULT, which is just your normal system mail file.

Without the 'c', after stuffing the message in guardian, procmail
considers the message delivered, and since it's duties are done it quits.