Re: tab characters in headers

1998-06-05 15:03:26
mark david mcCreary <mdm(_at_)internet-tools(_dot_)com> writes:
Some users manage to get the Tab character (^I) in the headers, after the
Header and before the data.

For example

      Date:^IThu 4 Jun 1998
      From:^Ijoe schmoo <joe(_at_)mailexcite(_dot_)com>

This then throws off Formail when I go to extract the Sender email address,
with

      SENDER  = `formail -rtzx To:`

Has anybody solved this problem, or have any suggestions on how to work around.

I just tested the above with formail 3.11pre7 and it appears to work
just fine.  An examination of the diffs from 3.10 would seem to indicate
that it should handle them as well.  Are you sure there isn't a blank line
stuck in there somewhere?

Philip Guenther