Re: .forward caveat

1998-06-08 01:53:35
On 7 Jun 1998, Guy Geens wrote:

"belhagin" == belhagin
<belhagin(_at_)bya1c87(_dot_)pl(_dot_)lucent(_dot_)com> writes:

belhagin> This guy wouldn't know the difference between /dev/null and
belhagin> a baseball bat even if it hit him upside the head. But
belhagin> that's beside the point.

I wonder - if this person is so computer illiterate, why would you
worry about him being able to interpret the meaning of your .forward
line?

Did I ever say I was worried? No. I just asked if anyone knew how to
prevent it from appearing in the bounced message. Being worried about it
is another thing altogether. Being on the procmail list is about learning
how to do new things with it that you couldn't do before. It's a habit of
Homo Sapiens to be curious.
Besides, one day there will be someone who *can* interpret the .forward
file and thanks to the helpful part of the list I'll know how to deal with
it when I need to.

Bernard