Re: How do I add an X Moderator???

1998-07-01 11:48:56
Or petidomo.

On Wed, 1 Jul 1998, Andrew Edelstein wrote:

On Wed, Jul 01, 1998 at 12:50:26PM +0200, Bernard El-Hagin wrote:
If you're using PINE you don't actually need Procmail for this. All
you have to do is go to the Setup menu, choose Configure and find the
field called "customized hdrs". In this field add your X-Moderator field.
Then when composing a message type Ctrl-R with the cursor in the header
and you'll notice that your new header field is there.

He's talking about mail being sent by mailing list software, so the pine
solution won't work for him. I already sent this directly to him (forgot to
reply to the list instead of direct. 3 AM, my caffine drip had dried out...)
Procmail isn't what he really wants, as procmail handles incoming mail, not
outgoing mail. I'm majordomo, the list software he's using, can do what he's
trying to do. Just needs to figure out how to configure majordomo to do it.