Eudora mailbox format

1998-07-02 17:26:36
I'm trying to convert Eudora mailbox format files to standard UNIX mailbox
format. The two are not much different except for the fact that Eudora
From_ addresses are written as '???(_at_)???' instead of what might be more
representative of the actual From: address. I need to get the mangled From_
lines to look right.

I'm thinking formail might be of immense help, but I'm not quite ready to
sign off on the plan yet. 'formail -s' does not seem to recognize "From
???(_at_)???" as a message delimiter, so I can't split and then feed each back
to formail to generate a good value. formail fixes the problem on
individual messages; it's the splitting part that's hard -- I was hoping to
avoid writing out a bunch of single message files...

So is it time to hack a Perl script, or can formail save me after all?

--bill