Re: Eudora mailbox format

1998-07-02 19:41:49
I'm trying to convert Eudora mailbox format files to standard UNIX mailbox
format. The two are not much different except for the fact that Eudora
From_ addresses are written as '???(_at_)???' instead of what might be more
representative of the actual From: address. I need to get the mangled From_
lines to look right.

I'm not sure what the From_ header looks like for Eudora files --
does it just munge the address, or is that all you get?  Can you
send me one (lindsey(_at_)ncsa(_dot_)uiuc(_dot_)edu) just for curiosity's sake?

At any rate, procmail will generate From_ headers if there aren't
any, so what about just removing them?

   grep -v "From ???(_at_)???" < mbox.in | formail -ds > mbox.out

should create a mailbox with proper From_ headers.  May have to/want to
tweak the grep regex a bit, depending on what your existing header looks
like.

Chris