Re: basic filter is ignored

1998-08-07 11:15:08
At 08:12 AM 8/7/98 -0700, Andrew Edelstein wrote:
On Fri, Aug 07, 1998 at 01:21:24AM -0400, A. Lester Buck III wrote:

I have a long .procmailrc that filters my mail into 68 different
folders.  Almost all the filters work just great.  But one filter
is driving me nuts because it simply ignores all filtering.
I was wondering if anyone has a idea why this might be happening.

Here are the two filters that are trying, unsuccessfully, to save
all mail from Lugo into the "lugo" folder:

<snip>
:0
* <blugo(_at_)wise(_dot_)com>
Mail/lugo/.

Change your search pattern to:
      * ^From(_dot_)*blugo(_at_)wise(_dot_)com

I couldn't see it before, but I just realized...
  * <blugo(_at_)wise(_dot_)com>
is taken as the "size is less than" test.  That explains the
"skipped message" since a number was expected after "<".

To get what the original poster wanted (which is ANY header, not From.*)
he can use the protecting string "()"; i.e.:

* ()<blugo(_at_)wise(_dot_)com>

or, to match the probable original intent:

* ()<blugo(_at_)wise\(_dot_)com>

with a literal period rather than a wildcard period.

Cheers,
Stan