Re: And then, suddenly... "lock failure on x" (long-ish)

1998-08-07 08:30:30
On Thu, Aug 06, 1998 at 06:06:49PM +0000, marek jedlinski wrote:
Many thanks for the detailed explanation, David.

|     You could, instead of using /usr/mail/$LOGNAME, use a file below your
|    home directory as your default mailbox.
|
| -> And tell the POP3 daemon to get my mail for me from the new location,
| -> how?

That I do not know.  It would be the best solution, and it's what I recommend
to people who read their mail on-line at their providers if they have this
problem.  All it takes is changing the value of $DEFAULT.

IMAP would be a better idea. Depending on the IMAP daemon running on his
server he SHOULD be able to specify the new file location as the default
mailbox. POP3, however, does not allow for this. POP is a much more limited
protocol and only allows pickup from the system defined mailbox.

--
Andrew Edelstein

Sarah - Doctor, you're being a child.
The Doctor - Why shouldn't I? There's no point in being an adult if you can't
act childish now and then.              Dr. Who