Re: tcsh problems

1998-08-15 08:09:37
tcsh is really a strange shell to me.  People who are using tcsh and
procmail need to get together and compare their operating system versions,
shell versions, procmail versions, hardware versions, and networks.  If you
are on an NFS network with a combination of Suns, HP's, PC's , I do not
doubt that you can get some really weird errors.  And that goes double if
the incoming mail is processed by an HP on one day, and on a Sun the next.

Felix

I get the feeling some sites are running procmail+tcsh almost without
any problems. Other sites, including mine, get really mysterious
errors such as | cat file1 file2 | formail in a recipe simply not
working. It is unclear to me whether this is a "feature" of tcsh, a
bug in Procmail, or a combination of the two. Anybody have any idea
why this is happening?)

/* era */