Re: .forward if procmail is the LDA

1998-09-06 21:27:01
On Thu, 3 Sep 1998, David W. Tamkin wrote:

Now, where does $HOME/.forward fit into this?  If the user has no .procmailrc
but does have a .forward, does procmail as LDA pay any attention to it?

If memory serves me right, the .forward is really only to tell your MTA to
filter everything through procmail if your local mailer is not set to
procmail. On my previous setup, I compiled sendmail with procmail as the
mailer, and never had to worry about the .forward file. However, at work,
sendmail is configured to use mail to deliver mail, so a .forward is
needed to pipe mail through procmail first before delivering it.

ps this is posted to the group, just in case I am wrong, and someone can
correct me.

          ////
         (o o)
Jason van Brecht