Re: fax through procmail..?

1998-10-13 13:32:55
Hi,
        There is a free email-fax gatewayavailable through tpc.int.  You can
get
more information at www.tpc.int. It allows a bit of customization of the cover
sheet, and you can send graphics as TIFF or postscript.
        There are some apps out there to automate the process, but with a bit
of
knowledge about MIME, it's pretty trivial to send stuff out directly.
Faxaway is a service where you can send a fax by sending the fax number as
the email address. For example, to fax me you could send
16504292057(_at_)faxaway(_dot_)com  -- pretty cool. You can also prepend
words like
"Bob_Brown_16504292057(_at_)faxaway(_dot_)com" and Bob Brown would show up in
either
the subject or the CID or someplace.  JFAX has a similar service.

They took my credit card and everytime I send a fax, they just total it up
and when it reaches $10.00, my card is charged.

The bad thing is that they use the From address as the validation for the
charge. Naturally, it's easy to forge a header and isn't very secure. It
would be nice if they at least would replace the From address with
something else on the way so that the email you use for faxes isn't just
given to the customer.

They have a web page at www.faxaway.com.  Jfax has one at www.jfax.com

Bob

At 01:42 PM 10/13/98 +0530, Kandarp Bhatt wrote:
Hi there,

2. If the word emergency is in the subject or body of the email, i want
to send it to fax, using the faxaway service. So I need to change the
From, (and the subject, but you already showed me how)so Faxaway will
validate my fax.  Can you give me an idea of how to write the
condition(if the word emergency is somewhere in the subject or body) and
how to change the From ?

Is the faxaway service for free? How can one use it to send faxes from
emails?
I think it is slightly off the topic but since it was mentioned here, I am
taking the liberty for once :)

cheers,
Kandarp