Re: spool monitoring and "new mail" notification

1998-10-16 00:40:38
|Thu 1998-10-15 Dallman Ross <dman(_at_)netcom(_dot_)com> list.procmail
|
|   NEWMAIL(1L)       MISC. REFERENCE MANUAL PAGES        NEWMAIL(1L)

Nice idea, but our HP newmail seems to track maximum of 25 folders only...

    % newmail ~/Mail/spool/list.*
    Sorry, but I can only keep track of 25 folders.

I run periodically simple grep process in my emacs that informs me of any
important mailboxes I have defined. The notification appears in X-dragbar
in in echo area if I'm in non-windowed system. (it's integrated in package
tinymail.el if anyone is interested)

    grep '^From ' <INTERESTING-MAILBOXES-FOLLOW>

jari