Re: archiving problem

1998-10-28 09:07:24
On Wed, 28 Oct 1998 08:52:44 -0500 (EST), Justin Lloyd
<jlloyd(_at_)harris(_dot_)com> wrote:
"ee" == era eriksson <era(_at_)iki(_dot_)fi> writes:
 ee> On Tue, 27 Oct 1998 21:51:27 -0500 (EST), Justin Lloyd
 ee> <jlloyd(_at_)harris(_dot_)com> wrote:
I am trying to set up .procmailrc to archive it's own log via a
monthly cron job.
 ee> Why do you need to invoke Procmail to do this? Why not just put
 ee> something like this in your crontab:
Well, I had left something out to keep the email relatively short.
I also set it up to archive the backup mailboxes that contain all
messages before they get filtered to various places:

It's still not clear to me why you are doing this from within
Procmail. Is there a particular reason this should only be triggered
when you have received mail, for example? Otherwise, I'd put these in
a normal #!/bin/sh script and run that from crontab.

/* era */

--
Bot Bait: It shouldn't even matter whether  (`')  Just  (`')  http://www.iki
I am a resident of the State of Washington   \/ Married! \/   .fi/~era/