Re: Procmail and mailfolders

1998-11-10 16:03:41
im not sure i understand exactly what you are asking, but if you want a mail
client to be able to read/retrieve mail from a folder other than your inbox,
you'll need to use IMAP or something. i think you can also configure fetchmail
to pop from alternate mailboxes, but i havent tried it.

josh

Said Inge Balswick <IBA(_at_)statoil(_dot_)com> on Tue, Nov 10, 1998 at
06:08:19PM +0100:
My .procmailrc is still improving it's functionallity (although I'm not
_understanding_ everything in it :-) I DO manage to store incoming mail in
different mailfolders depending om my recipes, but how to retirieve the
mail from differnet folders when I'm not working from or at unix?

Say I have stored mails in a folder called "ingeb". I then experience files
in the folder named something like "msg.2WaRX", "msg.3WaRX" and so on...
How to configure popular E-mail SW's as Netscape Mail, IE mail, to retrieve
mail from ONE of these folders ONLY???

Best regards
Inge Balswick
webmaster(_at_)cirrus-rcfk(_dot_)no
* Snail-Mail: Inge Balswick, Kanadaveien, N-3520 Jevnaker, NORWAY  *
* E-mail job: iba(_at_)statoil(_dot_)com   Private:
inge(_dot_)balswick(_at_)edbasa(_dot_)no   *
* Private: +47 61314565  Cellular: +47 91105803  Fax: +47 91031902 *
* Cirrus RC Flyklubb: www.cirrus-rcfk.no  webmaster(_at_)cirrus-rcfk(_dot_)no
*
* It's hard to soar like an eagle, when you work with turkeys...   *

                        - josh rotenberg -
        - josh(_at_)parasite(_dot_)com          josh(_at_)cp(_dot_)net -
        - www.parasite.com               www.cp.net -
              /* there should be no failures */