Re: Mailing list using procmail?

1998-11-30 13:08:33
On 11/27/98 6:27 PM, David W. Tamkin <dattier(_at_)mcs(_dot_)net> wrote...

Justin Rains asked,

|         I am sure you have all heard this.. But I would like to write a
| simple mailing list using procmail. I would list to be able to have people
| subscribe to the list and also remove themselves from it.

Why bother?  If you want a mailing list management package that works with
procmail, SmartList already exists.  There's really no need to write your own
from scratch.

Is there are resource anywhere with some sort of step-by-step "quick
start" guide to SmartList? I've tried setting it up in the past, without
success, and I'd appreciate a simple-to-follow guide of some sort.

--
Adam Bailey      | Chicago, Illinois
adamb(_at_)tezcat(_dot_)com | "Logic is the art of going wrong with