Re: Help... I've been IMAPed!!!

1998-12-02 02:56:31
On Tue 01 Dec, Kevin Benko wrote:

My internet provider *just* did a mailserver changeover, and I can no
longer access /usr/spool/mail/$LOGNAME.  This is probably going to
cause procmail problems, and I am going to have to, probably,
recompile procmail.

Well, your IMAP system will probably give you a folder where you can
store multiple mailboxes, all of which can be accessed remotely.  One
of the mailboxes is a special one, denoted "INBOX", an it's where
your email get's delivered to.  Depending on the system this inbox
is either something like /var/mail/$LOGNAME or $HOME/.Mail/INBOX

The main tool which you'll probably want is "dmail".  This allows you
to deliver messages filtered by procmail into any of your mailboxes.

If your sysadmin hasn't provided it, it's available here:

http://www.go.dlr.de/fresh/unix/src/contrib/imap-utils.tar.gz

you'll need the main Washington Uni IMAP distribution also, because
it links with a library from that distribution...

ftp://ftp.cac.washington.edu/imap/imap.tar.Z

John.

--
  John Beranek, Software Engineer,  Information Appliances Division,
    Acorn Computers Limited.       Web site: http://www.acorn.com/