turning body into header

1998-12-08 12:19:56
I maintain some software that FYI's me on successful installation.
procmail has been a great help in saving these to a log (for
demographic purposes), and even in checking version numbers and
automatically notifying if someone registered an old version.

There is a minor blip in our community's (Majordomo, to be specific)
trouble radar that manifests itself in my registration process, and
I'm thinking that again procmail can help me to notify folks.

The RedHat RPM installation of Majordomo has misconfigured headers
that I see as:

        From: majordomo-owner(_at_)domain
        To: me

        Subject: MajorCool 1.3.2 Success!

        --

        MajorCool 1.3.2 was just successfully installed for
        Majordomo 1.94.4 at Majordomo(_at_)domain
        on
        System "Linux details here".

In normal installations, Subject/Reply-To is part of the headers,
and the lone "on" in the body proper is actually part of the previous
line.

What I would like is to munge the incoming mail and remove that
erroneous blank line, merging the Subject back where it belongs.
This will allow it to fall through to my usual notification process.
At the same time, I'd like to fire off a you-are-broken message to
let the RedHat site know.

How? (The munging, not the sending of the mail.)

--bill