Re: Please dont laugh at my recipe, help needed

1998-12-18 08:17:33
Jari Aalto said of my suggestion for Todd Lindstrom,

| And David forgot to mention by mistake that adding "h" improves speed,
| when only the header is fed.
|
|     :0 hi

Didn't forget it ... Philip Guenther has explained that it doesn't really
help after all, except when the header is too small to fill one buffer.
When procmail tries to feed a second bufferful and finds the first one
hasn't been read, it passes no more text, regardless of how much is left.

Unless I misunderstood ... but in any case, I left `h' off intentionally.