out-of-memory

1999-01-09 17:03:02
I notice in my procmail verbose log the following 'transaction':

 procmail: [10239] Sat Jan  9 08:49:02 1999
 procmail: Out of memory
 buffer 0: "formail"
 buffer 1: " formail -A "X-Check: List""
   Folder: **Bounced**                                              5744
 procmail: Notified comsat: "bhoule@:**Bounced**"

If I act quick enough when this happens, I can look in spool/mqueue
and find a message with a gazillion addresses in the To: line. So it
seems that formail is having trouble adding my X-Check header to an
already large set of headers.

The message is never delivered to me. Is there anything I can do so
that procmail/formail will act as if it was never there so the
incoming dumps into my inbox rather than returning an error to the
mailer? This "**Bounced**" business is not a very helpful action.

--bill