Procmail futures

1999-01-08 22:40:25
I was surprised to see tonight that pre7 is still the latest procmail.
Scanning the list archive was rather frustrating; there was a small wave
of discussion on procmail futures in Nov 1998.  The `consensus' seemed
to be that folks wanted the discussion to continue on the main procmail
list but there is little or none I can see.

So I've rejoined the list explicitly to ask the question:

  o  Is anyone actively working on procmail?
  o  Is anyone considered to be an `owner', ie, the gateway through
     whom all official notices must pass?

My motivation -- procmail recipe language is awful, and the code is
written in a very unreadable style.  It's not bad code, it's just
much harder to read than it needs to be.

My plan -- run the code through indent, rip out the current filter
language, and install tcl.

Don't like it?  Don't try to convince me something else is better.
Convince me somebody else might actually do something.  Then we can
discuss better.
--
``If cats are so smart, how come, after all these generations among us, they
haven't learned English?  The French did.  The Germans did.  The Italians