Symbolic References or Alias list

1999-01-09 10:30:10
I'm rather rusty at working with procmail, and I did take a look at the
archive first - but I could have missed the obvious, of course.

I'd like to use procmail to extract the local name from an email address
and use that to look up an email address where to forward the message.

I guess I'd like to do something like

   : 0
   ! ${$MATCH}

But of course, $MATCH will contain everything after the \/, and I'd need
a way to make sure $MATCH is a defined variable.  And I don't know how
to use a variable as a symbolic reference.

Currently, I'm using a recipe to check for each possibility -- about twenty
or so names that are valid, but I'd rather have one recipe that handles all
this.

Any suggestions/examples?

Thanks very much,

--