Re: Procmail futures

1999-01-09 00:33:58
Steve Simmons <scs(_at_)lokkur(_dot_)dexter(_dot_)mi(_dot_)us> writes:
I was surprised to see tonight that pre7 is still the latest procmail.
Scanning the list archive was rather frustrating; there was a small wave
of discussion on procmail futures in Nov 1998.  The `consensus' seemed
to be that folks wanted the discussion to continue on the main procmail
list but there is little or none I can see.

You should have seen, somewhere around the end of October/beginning of
November, an announcement for the procmail-dev mailing list -- a
mailing list devoted to discussion of the further development and
maintainence of procmail.  Stephen van den Berg managed to get enough
time to set up the procmail.org domain to host the lists, and to give
me write access to the CVS repository.  There has been some discussion
about giving procmail a homepage on the web, but I'm not sure where
that stands.  Development-wise, Stephen and I have been preparing to
release a new version as a bug-fix release.  Right now, I'm waiting for
reports from beta-testers before calling it ready.

Don't like it?  Don't try to convince me something else is better.
Convince me somebody else might actually do something.  Then we can
discuss better.

Hopefully, the above has done the convincing.  I would suggest that you
join the procmail-dev mailing list (procmail-dev(_at_)procmail(_dot_)org(_dot_)
 It's
run by SmartList, of course), then bring it up for discussion there.
I'll reserve my comments till then to avoid muddling the lists.

Philip Guenther