Re: Using Formail on Outgoing Mail

1999-01-22 08:41:37
Victoria(_dot_)Green(_at_)walgreens(_dot_)com writes:
Aol has installed a spam filter that checks the From: line and
rejects the mail if it fails to find what it deems to be a valid
address.  Our outgoing mail has only the account name p2000
in the From: line and is being rejected by aol.  We need to
change the From line to read p2000(_at_)walgreens(_dot_)com to be
acceptable to aol.  Can Formail be used to do this on outgoing
mail?  If so, how?  If not, can anyone tell me how we can
accomplish this?

This is really a bug in your MTA.  You appear to be running Lotus
Notes.  You should complain to IBM that Lotus is not canonifiying email
addresses on outgoing messages but rather is letting through messages
that do not comply with rfc822.

Philip Guenther