Re: Using Formail on Outgoing Mail

1999-01-22 10:08:20
On Thu, Jan 21, 1999 at 03:12:03PM -0600,
Victoria(_dot_)Green(_at_)walgreens(_dot_)com wrote:

Aol has installed a spam filter that checks the From: line and
rejects the mail if it fails to find what it deems to be a valid
address.  Our outgoing mail has only the account name p2000
in the From: line and is being rejected by aol.  We need to
change the From line to read p2000(_at_)walgreens(_dot_)com to be
acceptable to aol.  Can Formail be used to do this on outgoing
mail?  If so, how?  If not, can anyone tell me how we can
accomplish this?

Sounds like a job for sendmail:

#  Common code to add local domain name (only if always-add-domain)
#R$+                    $@ $1 < @ *LOCAL* >             add local qualification
R$+ < @ >               $: $1 < @ *LOCAL* >             if no UUCP_RELAY
R$+                     $@ $1 < @ *LOCAL* >             add local qualification