Re: New with procmail v3.11pre7

1999-01-27 05:50:54
Liviu Daia dixit:

    It's the normal sendmail lag, if an addresses in a big recipient
list is unreachable for some reasons, it will delay delivery for all
other recipients after it.  Now, if everybody would be using QMail or
Postfix instead of sendmail...  But that's not going to happen any time
soon.

Well, I never had such bit lags prior to running procmail, but I did have
some lags... they may be sendmail lags "increased" by procmail?

Also, what's the difference between typing :0 and :0: ?

    RTFM.  With :0: the target folder is locked, with :0 it isn't (or
there's no target folder in that recipe at all, like in :0f).

Ok, I'm at a lost here.  I don't know a word about locking or lockfiles, and
the lockfile man page doesn't help much.  Would anyone be kind enough as to
enlighten me about this?

TIA

--
Un saludo,