Re: procmail/sendmail/virtual user table

1999-01-29 00:00:36
"B. Engineer" <bne(_at_)3media(_dot_)com> writes:
      I have procmail 3.11p7 with sendmail. I am using procmail
directly in sendmail for local mail delivery. I have virtual user tables
for sendmail. I removed the F=w flag in sendmail.cf so I do not depend on
a user existing in /etc/paswd.  So far so good. sendmail seems to tell
procmail (I can see that in the log) to take mail for foo(_at_)bar(_dot_)com
and
drop it bar_foo per the virtual user table

The local mailer is for delivering to actual user accounts, i.e., those
with password file entries.  If you don't want to have password file
entries for these address, don't use the local mailer.  Instead you'll
have to use something like the procmail mailer which invokes the
procmail program with the -m flag, an rcfile, and the sender and
recipient as arguments.  The rcfile can then examine its arguments and
figure out what to do with the message from there.

Don't forget to put the 'w' flag back on the local mailer.

deliver the mail as long as the user exists in sendmails virtual user
table or bounce it back.

Deliver it to _where_?  And who (what uid) should own that file?

Philip Guenther