Re: lockfiles

1999-03-01 13:33:17
Bennett Todd dixit:

Well, perhaps it'd be helpful if I explained a little more about what the
"lockfile" support does. When you use that "final :", procmail uses a lock
if-and-when delivering on the recipe. So if I write:

      :0 :
      * ^Subject: testing lockfile stuff
      lockfile-test

[...]. This makes its interaction with other programs good, since as long as
other programs (other delivery agents, and mail user agents) use at least one
of the protocols procmail uses, everything will work Right.

Now, according to what you just explained here above, the final colon may be
the cause for my outgoing mail being so terribly slow since I started using
procmail (with smail).  Am I right to assume this?

TIA

Horacio.