Re: expansion of $\

1999-03-09 11:59:32
Andy Rowan <rowan(_at_)crssa(_dot_)rutgers(_dot_)edu> writes:
This is a problem that cropped up with smartlist, but it's really a
procmail question.  I'm using 3.11pre7 under solaris 2.

I've had several smartlist lists running stable for a long time, but just
recently tried doing x-commands for the first time.  Couldn't get it to
work, until I edited the recipe line in rc.request by changing the
$\X_COMMAND_PASSWORD to just $X_COMMAND_PASSWORD.

The original recipe line was
* $^$X_COMMAND:.*$\maintainer[   ]*$\X_COMMAND_PASSWORD

In the procmailrc man page, it says
    $\name will be   substituted   by   the    all-magic-regular-expression-
    characters-disarmed  equivalent  of $name

The password I was using was just letters, no magic characters, but it
never matched until I removed that backslash.

Hmm, it should work just fine.  I would suggest puting
        VERBOSE=on
right before the recipe and
        VERBOSE=off
right after it, then send an x-command message and check the log to see
what it shows as the regular expression being used.

Philip Guenther