Re: procmail

1999-03-11 19:53:21
Jennifer LeFevre <lefevrj(_at_)usstamp(_dot_)com> writes:
I'm using procmail version 3.11pre7 (Sendmail was fine except I wanted
mail to go to users home directories) along with qpopper 2.53.
Everything is just like I want it except I can't retrieve mail from my
PC using Eudora.  I can retrieve it if I'm local on the machine or
telnet(ed) into it.  My $MAIL variable is set to $HOME/mail/mbox.  One
last point... When I issue the command "procmail -v" the last line
always reads "Your system mailbox:       /var/mail/username"

Did you configure procmail to deliver messages to the user's home
directory?  You should have edited src/authenticate.c, uncommented the
MAILSPOOLHOME define and changed it to "/mail/mbox".

As for retrieving mail, did you configure qpopper to locate the spool
files in the user's home directories?

The value of $MAIL has *no* effect on either procmail or qpopper.

Philip Guenther