Re: trapping mail that you want in your $MAIL

1999-04-07 20:01:23
At 02:35 AM 4/8/99 +0200, Eric Smith wrote:
I have many of these around my rc

:0:
*(^To|^[cC][cC]):(_dot_)*procmail(_at_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de
procmail

No someone answers a question I post - like an answer to this mailing - and
they cc to eric(_at_)fruitcom(_dot_)com - like I hope some1 will to this
message :)
But the mail is addressed to the thegroup and then gets trapped by the rule
above and goes into my procmail folder and i do not get to see it from
$MAIL /var/spool/mail/eric or my default inbox - whatever.

How do I config procmail to capture these mails?

For this (procmail) list:

:0:
* ^Resent-Sender:(_dot_)*procmail(_at_)informatik\(_dot_)rwth-aachen\(_dot_)de
procmail

(You could also use Resent-From:)

That gets the list mail; the one that it doesn't capture
is the personal copy (in this case, it's To: you and Cc: the list,
for no particular reason other than this mailer does it that way
when I ask for both.)

Most other mailing lists don't use the Resent-* headers, so you
need to separate based on something else.  I find the From_ header
   ^From .*
works best; if your ISP converts this to Return-Path, you can use that.

Cheers,
Stan