Re: Recovering Number of Lines or Size of Mail

1999-04-12 17:47:39
Ralph SOBEK <sobek(_at_)irit(_dot_)fr> writes:
"LH" == Lars Hecking <lhecking(_at_)nmrc(_dot_)ucc(_dot_)ie> writes:
LH> :0BH
LH> { }
LH> LINES=$=

LH> The condition line adds 1 (one) to the score for every line in header and
LH> body. $= contains the score of the last recipe. man procmailsc for details.

Thanks a lot!  Looks okay.  But to the Procmail Guru's, how costly is
it to run this scoring recipe?  It looks expensive to me!!  Maybe less
expensive than piping the message to `wc -l', but still expensive.

Well, it's O(n), if that's any reassurance.

Philip Guenther