Periodically mail procmail's log, without cron?

1999-04-19 12:26:09
If the solution is already available somewhere, please tell me to RTFM... a
pointer would be nice :) I've looked through Jari's procmail tips, but
can't find it there.

I do remember someone has solved this, but it was a year or so ago and I
can't find a reference to that anymore. I'm using procmail on my ISP shell
account, and so I have no accesss to cron. But since procmail runs every
time an email is delivered to my account, it could replace cron's
functionality. I'd like to have procmail send its log to me, once a day. I
only remember it was achieved comparing a timestamp of a dummy file, and
sending the log if the file's date was older than 'today'.

I'll appreciate any hints; TIA,

.marek jedlinski

--
General Frenetics, Discorporated: http://www.lodz.pdi.net/~eristic/
"I fought the Dharma, and the Dharma won." (Allen Ginsberg)