Re: procmail-3.13

1999-04-19 12:19:46
1999-04-10-23:22:09 hUnTeR:
Andrew S. Howell:
        I think the "Suspicious rcfile" is from your home directory
being writable by group and/or other.
So you are saying its a matter of permissions? This is the file as it
stands now...

-rw-rw-r--    1 hunter   hunter      27238 Apr 10 13:24
/home/hunter/.procmailrc

Ayup, that's your problem.

Red Hat Linux has this unique hack they use where each user is in a separate
group, and the default umask is 002; I forget why they thought that was
groovy, but anyway, everyone else in the universe thinks the normal default is
most or all users are in a single group, often called "other" or something
like that, and the default umask is 022.

So procmail is checking against the rules that are normal everywhere except in
Red Hat's little world, and according to those rules, if a file is
group-writeable, odds are that a lot more people can write it than you would
generally want.

So, what you want to do is chmod that file 0644, which can in this case also
be pronounced g-w. Strip the group write perms and procmail will stop whining.

-Bennett